Friday 15 April 2011

It's not okay.

        You know what I hate? When people say, "That's so gay."
        Yep. Hate it. So much.
        They're using a term used to describe the sexual orientation of a person, as an insult. What kind of insult is that? What are you trying to say? 
I believe that God made us all equal. Yes, I am religious, and my interpretation of the Bible is that God loves everyone. God loves the good, the bad, the kind, the evil, the straight, the gay. God made them homosexual/bisexual, and in a predominantly-heterosexual society, what we should be doing is helping them, not condemning them. Many people may contradict that, but think about it. God made us all the way we are. He gave us free choice, He gave us a chance. These people were born this way (haha, I love the song). Who are you to judge them for it? The one time I used that phrase was when I was friends with people who easily influenced me. I felt wrong, unnatural. I felt like I was hurting people for using that word as an insult. I just can't say derogatory words that are aimed to certain group of people. Thank goodness I'm not friends with those people anymore.
                  Another thing I really hate is when people say "tolerance" when referring to sexual orientation, racism, sexism, etc.

                  We Canadians have high tolerance to other races? No, it shouldn't be the word "tolerate". We shouldn't just "tolerate". Tolerating is putting up with it. What, is it terribly difficult for you to put up with the fact that that person has different genes or that this person has more melanin in their skin than you do? No, it should be respect. We should respect people, no matter how different they are from us. No matter how different, we are all the human race. What do you mean "tolerate"? We're stuck on this rotating ball of dirt anyway. So deal with it. Deal with the fact that people are people and that people love people. What does it matter what gender they are? If we are against sexism, then we are not discriminating based on sex/gender. So why do we care so much that a girl loves a girl, or a boy loves a boy? We are all the same essentially. Your genetic makeup is not more superior. You are not better than they. I am not better than you. I am not better than them, they are not better than you. Who they love, who they are: it's their life. Not yours.
Your uncalled-for opinions? Not okay. It's not okay.

1 comment:

  1. my thoughts exactly. When using the word "tolerated" it makes me think of negative things that are tolerated as if the people are a disease.

    ReplyDelete