Monday 18 April 2011

gonna make it count

For 2011, I made a bunch of resolutions to myself. One very vital one was to stop procrastinating/concentrate on my schoolwork. It was one I kept for a pretty long time (in comparison to resolutions of years past, when I would repeat my resolutions like a mantra and end up doing the forbidden actions anyway), and also something that I just simply had to do because I couldn't afford not to. I had a wrist injury early 2011, and that meant more doctor's visits, more physiotherapy--which in turn made me a tired grumpy old lady. However, by April, these resolutions I repeated to myself when doing anything not schoolwork related, have worn off. I have to make promises to myself. To people. Other people. I can't let myself let down others, but I can certainly let down myself. So today, I promised one of my bestest friends, Suzy, something. I promised her that I would stay away from Facebook from now until all my exams are OVER, I promised her that the only time I would go on was to check my messages with my group members for projects. I promised her that I wouldn't go on Tumblr until I was done all my homework (I was reluctant on this one). I promised her that Youtube would not be a regular tab on my computer any longer. In turn, she promised me to work harder. To avoid Facebook like the flu. To stay away from Youtube unless she was done all her work. To stop baking when she was supposed to be doing schoolwork. I need to step up my game.
I need to discipline myself. But we all know how hard it is to tear ourselves away from the computer. Our only reward every time we finish a piece of homework is that we get a 10-15 minute break, ONLY spent on blogger.com or reading/doing anything UNRELATED to the computer.
Hey, baby steps, right? So yeah, I think you should be expecting many many posts in the coming months. Get ready for desperate posts where I try to convince myself that I should be on Tumblr or Facebook or some other social networking site (believe me, when there is a will to go online, there will be a way!).
However, in so many ways, this will be so much better!
I get to explore interests again, in this short time-frame! I get to make time for reading again!
This is a challenge I'm willing to accept. (watch as I blog tomorrow that I broke, haha)
LET'S GO, JENNIFER! WE CAN DO THIS.
ALL WE NEED IS MOTIVATION. MARKS ARE ONE. HAPPINESS IS ONE. SUMMER VACATION IS ANOTHER. LET'S MAKE THIS YEAR MY LAUNCHING PAD. LET'S GO.

Suzy, if you're reading this, I know it's hard, but I promise you that WE CAN DO THIS.

WE CAN BEAT IT.

2 comments: