Sunday 17 April 2011

Childhood,.

Because I promised one of my bestest besties to post about Toy Story, I guess i'll do it today! I am a huge, huge Disney fanatic. I love the animated smiles of characters, the fluid movements by which they move, the process in which stories are drawn and put together to create a little bit of magic in our lives. The collaboration between Disney and Pixar for Toy Story 3 was one of the best I have ever seen. The people of Pixar really know how to make people cry! I rarely watch romantic comedies, and I mostly watch action or horror, but honestly, I have watched and obsessed about all Pixar movies (except for Wall-E, I still have to watch that one) and I am in love with their artwork, their storylines, and their way of making people nostalgic.
I watched Toy Story 3 in the summer of 2010 with one of my best friends, Kyleen. It cost about $16 CAD, so we were apprehensive about watching a movie in 3D. However, the price we paid for the movie was totally worth it, as was the fact that my 3D glasses were too big for my nose and kept slipping down. Toy Story 3 quickly became one of our inside jokes and a symbol for our friendship.
The morals of the story are so cheesy, but they mean something. Toy Story tells kids of the importance of friendship and of loyalty. It teaches, without preaching, that life is full of difficulties and hard decisions, and that the best decisions involve doing the right thing, not always what you think you want.
Toy Story 3 voices the imagination of my childhood years--that behind my back, my toys and furniture moved and talked in their own language, that they had emotions and feelings. I love that Pixar movies still promote playing with toys rather than with electronics.
I feel that imagination and storytelling is a huge part of childhood, and with the never-ending bombardment of media and the pressure to grow up, and quickly, children aren't getting the right education on morals and how to live and be a kid and to really treasure it. So yes, I recommend you to watch it.
I recommend you to revisit your childhood for a day. Watch Looney Tunes. Forget your worries, if only for a few hours. Make castles in sandboxes. Skip down school hallways with your friends. Reminisce about simpler times.
Explore how you felt as a kid, the ecstasy and euphoria you felt when discovering the world. Notice the veins on every leaf. Notice the small flower that's finally growing your front yard. When you return to the burdens of your adult/teenage life again, take one thing you learned from childhood with you: remember the small things that make you happy. Remind yourself of the beautiful things in life.
Yes, I sound like I'm ignorant of the fact that adulthood and teenhood is so much more difficult and that most of the time, it's so incredibly hard to remember the beautiful things. Yes, I realize that sometimes people are forced to grow up prematurely in their childhood. That they didn't get a chance to enjoy it because of circumstances.
But I know what people are suffering through. I've gone through stuff in my middle school years that probably all of 3 people know of. I've seen my friends suffer things they were totally innocent of, that they didn't deserve, and I tried, and continue to try, so hard to be there for them.
One thing I picked up from all those experiences was that the ultimate revenge is to fight back by yourself. To succeed when everyone else thought you wouldn't.
To keep fighting and acquiring success when everyone thought you'd give up. We gotta look s**t in the eye and say, "You aren't taking over me. I'll notice the beautiful things. Sometimes life is hard, so incredibly hard to live, but we have to keep going. We're not letting this take me down."
Don't let life take you down.
Keep your head high. Show them that you're better.
That you're worth it. That you deserve the good and the beautiful.
Keep fighting.
Thanks for reading, sweeties!

2 comments:

  1. <3
    is it possible to like blog posts? or is that only facebook,...?

    ReplyDelete