Thursday 21 July 2011

Happyness.

Hm. I haven't updated in a long time. Which isn't, you know, weird or anything, because not many people read this, if any at all. But anyways.
Suzy, I completely understand what you mean, in your post named "AM I HAPPY?" Throughout these past couple of years, I have felt that way too. I was dissatisfied in some ways that I was dealing with life; yet in others, I feel so much gratitude to all the blessings that I am and have been given. I understand what you mean about not knowing what that middle-word is.

I mean, if one is not laughing, or crying, what are they feeling? What is the emotion that they are experiencing? How is it that there seems to be no real word for it? But it depends on your definition. Let's not go by dictionary definition for a second-let's go by what we think when we characterize ourselves as happy. What do we feel then?
My definition of happy, means that I am given a chance to fully appreciate life and what it has given me. It doesn't mean that I must necessarily be laughing or smiling, or outwardly showing any happiness of any kind. My definition of happy could be walking downtown, staring into tiny shops; it could be walking down an aisle looking for my favourite cereal. It could be drawing or sketching a useless, badly-done piece of art; it could be staring into the sky, simply thinking. Alone with my thoughts. Surrounded by what my life is to me. It could be writing, right now, thinking about what happiness means to me. Since that is what my definition is, that's why I choose to make a list of things that make me happy, in my head, every day.
So. I shall follow through with that. Just little things. Anything.
  1. I was asked to be my boss's "personal assistant" today. While that required physically running (literally. Like, I was sweating in a completely COLD, air-conditioned office), I really enjoyed it. It gave me a chance to see what he does and what kind of things he deals with while he's about his work.
  2. I talked on the phone about everything my best friend and I did and did not do, and I read my old journals and notebooks out loud to her. (:
  3. My parents listened to my choice in restaurant, which rarely happens.
  4. We had a delightful dinner. I ate this type of chicken cooked a certain way that I usually don't eat at other restaurants, and it was the first time I thought it tasted good.
  5. I updated my "journal" about everything I thought about.
  6. I'm writing this blog right now.
  7. My brother and I skipped down the parking lot like little kids.
  8. I sang campfire songs with my parents on the way home from dinner.
  9. I worked on a couple of presents I'm intending on giving my best friends.
  10. I laughed hysterically (no, seriously. HYSTERICALLY, I SAY.) with my brother about this stupid joke I made about the song "My Heart Will Go On" and the words "are gone" and the element of the periodic table "Argon".
In my opinion, no, it doesn't have to be an indication of joy. I don't need to be laughing or specially with friends for happiness to happen to me. It's just whatever makes me happy to be alive, or whatever I find is wonderful and sets the day apart from any other.
I don't know. I didn't much help, I know that. Hehe.
But yep.

1 comment:

  1. So Cute <3

    I LOLed at "are gone" and "Argon." Haha :D

    ReplyDelete